Sunday, December 03, 2006

Teething

How many times do I have to tell you.
I REALLY don’t like to brush my teeth.
The swishing and frothing and overall washing
Make me want to hide beneath
A towel, the sink, the tub, some soap.
I hate the brushing.
HOW WILL I COPE!

Why can’t I take a pill and then
All of me teeth will be clean instead
Of brushing and swishing and all of that frothing.
I’m sick of it YES?
ENOUGH of the swabbing.
My gums…..the color wine?
FINE!

I don’t need to floss
Because I am the boss.
How many times do I have to tell you.
I REALLY DON’T LIKE TO BRUSH MY TEETH.

Alright. Okay. I give up. You win.
Just give me that brush. I’ll give it a spin
Round my mouth. I’ll see if it works.
Lets see if it really won’t make things worse.
I’ll swish and I’ll scrub.
I’ll rinse out the schmutz.
I bet my WHOLE life it won’t do the job.
See I’ve done it. I brushed.
I did what you asked.
I cleaned my teeth and the experience was….

Quite pleasing and…..nice?
Oh for shame, here we go.
I’ll have to admit
I should not have said no.
That toothpaste…..splendid!
The mouthwash is smashing!
The toothbrush!
Why…it felt like an angel were brushing!

Just to be clear…
I was joking before.
What? Me fear?
Don’t be silly! I adore
The brushing of teeth
Before bed. Its no chore!
Not at all, I dare say.
It’s a joy, to be sure!

Goodnight my gums.
Goodnight my teeth.
Till tomorrow my friends….
Stay healthy and clean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home